(THIS IS TODAY’S DAILY POST WRITING PROMPT)
I’m scared of heights, because I have a heart condition, and I get serious motion sickness. Not that I throw up, but, I start shivering a lot, my vision blurs, and my chest aches. So, I won’t talk about bungee jumping or roller coasters here.
Public speaking is something that I’m used to. But, I go through stage anxiety before I have to sing onstage. That time, I prefer to be surrounded by strangers, because, my friends have goofy expressions most of the time. Plus, I can grow my fanbase beyond just my friends.
I can’t stand listening to my voice or watching my own video.
I record song covers (video and audio).
Whenever I watch my own videos, I feel like I have high levels to actually how unattractive I am. It sucks really. My voice is very high-pitched. I’m fifteen now, but I sound like I’m twelve.
I wanted to start video blogging this year, but I guess I should stick to writing, because my looks aren’t very appealing. Plus, I have no expressions on my face most of the time. My face is as inexpressive as a pumpkin. I don’t look approachable and sociable, but I am. I wanted to do standup comedy on YouTube. Perhaps I’m good with deadpan humor (at least that’s what people say).
Huh Gak, a Korean ballad singer, says, that he can’t stand listening to his own voice. But, that helps him to improve with every performance.
Can you stand listening to your own voice recording or watching your own video?
Since I am a teenager, I will only talk about teenagers in this case. Also, I’m from India. Since, India is a third world country. Here, we’ll be dealing with problems that teenagers from the third world face.
- It’s about time our education system got its shit back together. And, that is, whether or not to detain students. If you’re from the US, let me tell you that here kids aren’t given probation or anything. I think CBSE (Google it) is hoodwinking us. They said they’re making things easier for us. But, every time they change something, teachers become more and more vicious.
- Teachers get their shit back together. Teachers do everything at the last moment. And, they can be so disorganized. This only makes them look barbaric. I’m sorry. extra classes in this windy winter sucks. Thank goodness, we don’t have blizzards here. Teachers here don’t say “all the best” before the exams. Instead, they say “You can’t do it” or “it’s gonna be very difficult”. Basically, they discourage us, instead of encouraging us.
- Teenagers are also disorganized. Pulling all-nighters and cramming stuff only ruins your schedule. Get organized. I get it. Teachers can be disorganized, vicious and barbaric (that’s so Indian!). But, you can manage your time.
- School sucks.
- Life sucks.
- Relationships suck.
- 70 per cent of Indian teenagers commit suicide because exam pressure.
Now, let’s talk about what could have happened for good.
- CBSE gave up CCE (Google it) system. Banned teachers from giving students stupid assignments instead. Schools now have a probation period for kids who don’t do well.
- Teachers don’t spread negativity anymore, and are more organized.
- Teenagers are more organized, and don’t fall into depression.
- School is fun.
- Life is awesome.
- Relationships….. I dunno.
- Indian parents and teachers start taking depression seriously, because kids who commit suicide, don’t die because they killed themselves, but because you didn’t listen to them. So, you can do the math hereon.
2015 could have been game-changer for many of the third world teenagers. If you’re an Indian teenager reading this, you need to give yourself a lot credit for all the third world problems you faced, and have been facing.
If you have read Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare, you’d probably understand what I’m saying.
Caesar always refers to himself in third person. Like “Caesar hath done this or Caesar hath done that.” I don’t even think Caesar spoke like that in real life. Also, the characters speak like they’re reciting a poem. Nobody engages in a conversation like that in real life.
I get bowel problems every six months. So, I’d be like, “Sera hath pooped on slippery grounds” or “The faeces of Sera lies on slippery grounds. ”
This makes no sense.
Procrastination is a major problem for a teenager like me. But, I have to study because the CBSE board exams are approaching. This year, I’m getting my shit together with the app “Get Shit Done”!
It’s available for Android!